Many common diseases are preventable through lifestyle changes or early treatment. Some markers for common diseases can be identified before complex disease processes begin and before you reach a crisis point. This allows early treatment so that you can avoid unpleasant health issues going forward. Getting a regular NCT for your body puts you back in the driving seat.
Health screening is ideal if you:
- are looking for peace of mind
- have a particular concern
- have a family history of disease
- have had previous personal health problems)
- haven’t been feeling the best lately
Or if you want to:
- take control of your health
- avoid a health crisis
- manage your own disease risk factors
Our health screening will help you to Identify potential issues early to improve the chances of successful treatment, move towards a healthier lifestyle and reduce your risk of disease as you get older.
Union Quay Medical Centre offers a comprehensive health screen which includes the following:
Some conditions that health professionals commonly screen / investigate for include:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Overweight and obesity
- Colorectal cancer
- Prostate cancer in men
- Coeliac Disease
- Vitamin D
- Breast cancer and cervical cancer in women – information coming shortly
- Osteoporosis – information coming shortly
- Which tests you need depends on your age, your sex, your family history, and whether you have risk factors for certain diseases.